History of Cedar Grove
On May 14, 1905 several members of what was known as SIX MILE CHURCH met under the leadership of the Rev. W. A. Reagan and organized the Baptist Church of Christ at Old Six Mile Church. In the year 1916, the congregation became affiliated with the Panola County Baptist Association, and within a few more years became simply known as Cedar Grove Baptist Church.
The largely agricultural community of Snap supported several businesses until World War II, after which its population slowly declined. The church; however, continued to grow throughout the 20th century eventually conducting services twice monthly and in 1951 establishing a full-time pastor. The congregation supported numerous programs during its first century, including women's, men's, youth services, and annual Vacation Bible Schools. Continuing to grow, the congregation has also continued to build new facilities for its various programs.
More than one hundred years after its founding, Cedar Grove Baptist continues its work and service to Christ and to the world. Family oriented, the church provides a focal point for the numerous residents in the area.
ORAL HISTORY OF CEDAR GROVE - AUBREY WEDGEWORTHORAL HISTORY OF CEDAR GROVE - NELL MARSHALL